VIVIENNEELUV



Food | Lifestyle | Travel | Me | Everything Boring

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Danro Japanese Hotpot


Was down with some bacteria infection (I don't know what it means) these few days, so I got so weak and tired that I just want to sleep whole day long. Since it is weekends, I shall not waste my time in bed, and the weather is so hot, I took my Vbook and came to Starbucks, so I decided to update a bit here, in this space of mine. There are many things on my mind that I only had time to think but no time to blog it out. I will try to find time. After I recover, I will try not to go out too often :P

Visited Danro with the colleagues!

 photo file_zps2a222ecd.jpg

A few types of soup to choose from. (scroll down to the last to see what are these 2 soups)

Now show you all the food.

 photo file_zps6ef2da26.jpg

 photo file_zpsc3f751f7.jpg

Oden!


Oden (おでん?) is a Japanese winter dish consisting of several ingredients such as boiled eggs, daikon radish, konnyaku, and processed fish cakes stewed in a light, soy-flavoured dashi broth. Ingredients vary according to region and between each household. Karashi (Japanese mustard) is often used as a condiment.
Oden was originally what is now commonly called misodengaku or simply dengaku; konnyaku or tofu was boiled and one ate them with miso. Later, instead of using miso, ingredients were cooked in dashi and oden became popular.
Oden is often sold from food carts, and most Japanese convenience stores have simmering oden pots in winter. Many different kinds of oden are sold, with single-ingredient varieties as cheap as 100 yen.

All taken off Wiki. 


 photo file_zps65b10fa6.jpg

 photo file_zpsf7a442f1.jpg

 photo file_zps8bd7f94b.jpg


 photo file_zps502d23be.jpg

 photo file_zps502d23be.jpg

 photo file_zpscbfe28f4.jpg

 photo file_zps36fafb10.jpg

 photo file_zpsb9f0fc74.jpg


 photo file_zps24456f5b.jpg

Yummy egg! If not for its cholesterol, I would have eaten more!

 photo file_zps2b46537b.jpg


 photo file_zps99ea8c7b.jpg

Desserts!

Below are the 2 soups we chose today:

 photo file_zpsfd732217.jpg

Milk soup is really nice!

 photo file_zpsc3df215f.jpg

The 4 of us worked up to about S$105 in total, for a weekday dinner.

Danro Japanese Hot Pot
23 Serangoon Central 
#02-04/06 NEX

No comments:

Post a Comment