VIVIENNEELUV



Food | Lifestyle | Travel | Me | Everything Boring

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mid-Autumn Festival Reunion Dinner 2014 @ In Laws' Place

Hello! Hope you had a wonderful and memorable Mid-Autumn Festival.



 photo file_zps973af5d8.jpg

 photo file_zps6e1906bf.jpg

A beautiful box of MoonCakes from Long Jiang given to the team by the bosses.



As a chinese, we have MANY celebration dates; CNY reunion, Winter Solstice/Dong Zhi, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid Autumn Festival, Yuan Xiao, and maybe a few more. Actually these occasions are kind of pissing me off. Its like throughout the year, there are so many MUST-HAVE reunion dinners, or die die have to go home for dinner kind of occasion. Not that we dislike reunion dinners with our families but sometimes it just spoil our plans. I think from my generation onwards, we don't care what occasion is it, but we still have our parents around, so they will remind us. I doubt my future kids will know such occasions anymore. Well, its kind of sad too if it happens.

So I really forgotten which are the occasions that we should have reunion dinners at home apart from CNY eve. This year's Mid Autumn Festival, K & I thought that we should/have to go home for reunion dinner, so he decided to ask his mum if we have to go home. Being a mum, she must be very happy that her son finally took the initiative so she whipped up a storm.

 photo file_zps7d57873d.jpg
Cold Dish made up of Seaweed, Crabsticks, Octopus, Jellyfish & Potato Salad.

 photo file_zps54bba5da.jpg
Roast Duck, Roast Chicken, Deep Fried Spring Rolls

 photo file_zpsc55c74af.jpg

 photo file_zpsbd494ef0.jpg
Fried Tom Yum Bee Hoon with eggs, prawns, chinese sausages, sausages, vegetables.

It taste so good! I love course bee hoon very much. I should take up cooking lessons from the MIL, so that when i moved next year, I can cook for the family. :D

 photo file_zps33bfd16e.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment