VIVIENNEELUV



Food | Lifestyle | Travel | Me | Everything Boring

Friday, August 17, 2012

A day in Tiong Bahru

Hello! I have disappeared from here for a little while, as some relatives came out to stay, so the 8 of us have to stay together under one roof and I also just came back from a trip to Tokyo (very excited, I shall blog about it soon!) , I fell sick there, and I am still sick now! :( 

Miss my face? MUAHAH!
Heavy breakfast to start the day! 



Roamed into Tiong Bahru estate. I love going to weird/uncommon places! Explore here & there. How I wish I grow up here. I smell something nice & BBQ-y, for a moment I thought there is a Bak Kwa (Barbeque pork) among the estate! After I turn in to a corner, I saw this....
I was amazed! Satay Peddler. He is always on the move, so you need to be lucky to spot him! 
Long queue! We decided to skip this, and continue our exploring. I was thinking, 有缘再见, we shall meet again later if we have fate! 
***********
Headed to Social Haus for a break and order a Sausage Platter. This name sounds HUGE, but the portion is really really small. I could finish it by myself. SGD$9.50.
Social Haus
11 Yong Siak Street Singapore 168646
After leaving Social Haus, went to take a walk into the small alleys and I spotted the Satay Peddler again! 
Google him, you will find some interesting stories about him, how he started etc. 

From far, a lady ran from a carpark to chase the Satay Man, the man pushed his cart aside and started BBQ-ing the lady's order. When its my turn to order, I was simply too excited and happily ordered ''5 pork, 5 chicken!'', the satay man, his assistant, the lady customer turned and look at me. The assistant then told me they only have pork satay :X How embarrassing. Ok, 10 PORK then! :D
The small alley while I waited for my satay to be ready. When he is almost done with mine, 2 ladies came up to him and said they were searching around for him and then order 60 satays. SIXTY omg. 


I sat by the roadside to enjoy my satay! HAHAH! Very olden days right. The pork satay is bigger than the normal satays we saw outside and its with thick layers of fats too! 

Generous serving for cucumbers & satay sauce.SGD$0.50 per stick.

The sky is very beautiful today! 
Next stop! Chanced upon the famous Tiong Bahru bakery. 
Bought some croissants & bread - pictures right at the bottom. 
Tiong Bahru Bakery (there is another outlet at Raffles City Basement, right beside Soup Spoon)
56 Eng Hoon Street #01-70 Singapore 160056
After taking away the buns, we popped into next door's The Orange Thimble. 

Too full for any cakes or desserts, so we had coffee. 
Flat White SGD$6 (served with old school biscuits!)
Ice latte SGD$6
The Orange Thimble
56 Eng Hoon Street #01-68 Singapore 160056
Ok, what I bought at Tiong Bahru Bakery.
Chocolate Croissant SGD$3.20 each.
Plain Brioche (rioche (pronounced: [bʁi.ɔʃ]) is a highly enriched bread of French origin, whose highegg and butter content give it a rich and tender crumb. It is "light and slightly puffy, more or less fine, according to the proportion of butter and eggs"[1] It has a dark, golden, and flaky crust, frequently accentuated by an egg wash applied after proofing.) - taken from Wikipedia. 
SGD $2.50 

Chocolate Brioche SGD$3

So these 4 pieces costs SGD$11.90. Who says bread are cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment