VIVIENNEELUV



Food | Lifestyle | Travel | Me | Everything Boring

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Haw Par Villa & Goodbye ECP Mcdonalds!

17TH MARCH 2012 SATURDAY 
I took a total of 115 pictures today! So please bear with my photo spamming! HEHE! 
(This post took me more than 1 hour! OMG)
Spot me(really very short hair! I have no idea why mummy always want me to have really short hair like a boy, I can't be a princess)! 
I was only 9 year old when i went to Har Par Villa with my family! Those were the happier days of my childhood where we would gather almost every week at my uncle's place (because he has a much bigger house & my parents would always bring us to stay over when they have mahjong session)! 
Time flies & almost 19 years had past!
Something I saw on the web, TW news on our SMRT. The description is too funny.
LOL!
------------------------
Ok, back to the topic.
Had some awesome duck rice for lunch!


KangKong! 
A impromptu visit to Har Par Villa. I had always wanted to go there, but its too far away and I didn't suggest to anybody, because they might think that its a boring place etc etc. I love to visit places that I used to go when i was a child. They bring back memories and I love to look at the stuff/things/place and said ''hey, i was here 20 years back, at this same spot!''
Other people might think its no big deal, but Singapore is a very small country, with very limited things to do. Once in a while I love going ''excursions'' like this. :D

Sometimes we are too busy chasing over unnecessary stuff, that we have forgotten, those things that keep us happy are the simplest things in life.

The park, originally called "Tiger Balm Gardens", was built in 1937 by brothers Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, the developers of Tiger Balm. The site was purchased by Aw in 1935. The brothers are originally from Burma (Myanmar) and they were famed as the Tiger Balm Kings from Rangoon (Yangon), the former capital of present day Myanmar. The Aw brothers moved their business to Singapore in 1926 and achieved great heights. While expanding their business empire was important, Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par firmly believed that one should contribute to society. In 1988, the Singapore Tourism Board took over the running of the Tiger Balm Gardens and renamed it as Haw Par Villa Dragon World. The statues were restored while retaining the original flavour. Plays, acrobatic displays and puppet shows were also organised. However, visitors were charged entrance fees. The high fees discouraged the public and the management incurred a loss of S$31.5 million after 10 years of management. The gardens made money for the first year of operations after renovations in 1994, broke even in 1995 but lost money for the next 3 years and was forced to have free entry in 1998. In March 2001, the Singapore Tourism Board renamed it Tiger Balm Gardens and entrance fees dropped.

But i find it real cool, their father named the brothers ''Boon Haw'' - mild tiger & ''Boon Par'' - mild leopard. 

Feeling all excited while entering the park!

Cute!!

Their family car.
This itself is Haw Par Villa. Boon Haw specially built this, and named the villa after their name.
Nice & special right! I thought I was able to see this villa as I explore further into the park but I was wrong.. :( read on.. :p

So... Entering the 10 courts of hell (known as 十八层地狱)... ... ... (Mummy always say she is very scare whenever she thought of the below images, but I personally feel that it is too ridiculous & weird) READ ON...

This ''cave'' used to be a river if i remembered correctly. We will sit on a boat, where they bring us into this cave (dark & scary to me last time), mummy would tell us to sit quietly and look at the statues and listen to the stories :X
Not sure how true are these. 
Below images might be gruesome to some (not to me though).
So there are 10 courts of hell, in every court its different punishment for different offence. If i were to say if these are true, then i guess the people now will all go to hell and received MOST of all these punishments.
Some of the offences are really mild but the punishment is jaw-dropping.


Prostitutes drowning in the blood pool :O

Ungratefulness/disrespectful to elders, you will get the same punishment if you escaped from prison. Dafaq?
Heart cut out!



(come to think about it, people since ages ago has already got the ''SAW'' mindset, well almost there. They could make great movies.
I could have been thrown on to a tree of knives millions of times, for cursing too much. (or maybe it will happen if I die :X)

Like this :P OMG
Rumour-mongers Like those in my office, everyone will go tongue-less! HEHEHE!!
Pulling out the tongue!!

Lack of fillial and cheating get their intestines pulled out, while rapists only gets to 'swim' in a wok of hot oil. o.O







Out of the dusty, warm cave!
So funny & cute! A rat with a pistol!
I think they have no money to buy food, so the lady breastfed her child & her mum? :(
Under construction! :P



I am not sure why got this!

Gigantic ant!


So slutty omg!







So, as I said, I could not find/see the beautiful villa because Boon Haw (elder brother) was devastated by his younger brother Boon Par's death & the bad state of the villa after 2nd world war, he demolished it :( 
Sweat tonnes on this very hot day!
Headed to Vivocity for some aircon & ice cream!
Ben & Jerry's!
Redeemed my free drink!
Decided to upsize my Vanilla latte.
$0.50!
Gifts from B!
Blotting powder!
Desserts at HoneyMoon Desserts - always LONG QUEUE!
Creme Brulee with Yam paste!
Mango pomelo with green tea ice cream!
----------------------------
The gals asked me out to gather at the ECP Mcdonalds for the very last time before they officially close its doors the next day. Headed there to look for them after that! (its a really long day for me!)

Na's new camera! It is awesome!


5 free Blueberry Melts with 5 Extra Value Meals ordered :O

The nice camera effects!
All the blueberry melts right in front of me!
Seaweed shaker fries!
WEEEE!!
Very happy gals!
The 2 gan mas 


The emo kid. LOL! We coaxed her by buying a cotton candy for her, but this couldn't cheer her up at all :(
So, poor god-mummy (me!) hold the cotton candy for her, but to my horror it started dripping. It kind of melted and start dripping all over my hand and on the floor :X (see my hand!)

Fussing around after fooling around with the cotton candy. 
We finally threw it away after this picture, went into the arcade for a walk, then after we came out from the arcade, Melody asked her mum, where is the cotton candy -_- :(( 
-----------------------------------

Like a model totally!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment