VIVIENNEELUV



Food | Lifestyle | Travel | Me | Everything Boring

Monday, May 7, 2012

15TH MARCH 2012 THURSDAY
The Mcdonalds at East Coast Park is going to end its 30 Years business (for this outlet) coming Sunday. 
It is rather sad, this might be the first Mcdonalds outlet I have been to, as I grew up in Marine Parade - my Grandmother's house. I remembered how she used to hold my hands, walked from her house, on the pavement beside ECP expressway, mosquitoes bites all over me, go through the tunnel, and reached Mcdonalds. She would always get me a Fillet-O-Fish, and I never told her I dislike it very much (last time).I would quietly eat my burger and pretend that I could not finish (maybe I can). I was her first and only grandchild then, so she doted on me a lot :D

Going back to this place.. brings back lots of memories. Now that she is gone, I miss her, I miss the only place where I had memories of her us.
When I was in Sec 3 or 4, I celebrated my birthday here. It was pouring heavily that day, Fang, Lin & I took shelter at McDonalds stone table/chairs, we had some leftovers candles, so we started lighting them up and playing with them. And this is when one of my ex-boyfriends, Soon Xiang (and his friends) took notice of us. Then when we were on our way out to take a bus at the HDB flats, they saw us again at one of the void decks, so he plucked up his courage & walked over & introduce himself (thats what he said! LOL). And we exchanged pager number (OMG PAGER! Yes.. ). :D 

During my Polytechnic days, I used to come here often too. And thats when Eileen (my dearest Primary sch friend) met her husband, Vincent (my Sec sch friend)! <3

There was this guy whom we got to know through Vincent, named Terry(if i remember correctly). 
He was nice, sweet, he was a police? Or I think a Traffic Police, because he was always on his bike. He would send lunch to my workplace at Raffles Hotel almost everyday for a period of time.
That period was the very hot F4's Meteor Garden, and there is this forecast to say that there will be meteor showers on this particular night. I had to leave early, and Terry looks really emo, when i was in the tunnel heading out, away from East Coast Park, Terry's god-sister chased me all the way just to say ''Terry would like to watch shooting stars/meteor showers with you''. SO DRAMATIC right?? 
We never got together, but soon after, he met with an accident and lost his memory (i heard). 

Come to think about it, all these makes growing up, a little more fun - where you have dramas. You watched yourself grow old with the people around you. We should all find time to sit down, and think about what happen 10 years ago, 5 years ago etc. Memories... :D  
This whole place looks like a post-war zone. 







Saw this group of people filming in Mcdonalds. Interviewing all the staff and some of the customers.
There was this youtube video on this. Very amazing and touching!




There is a new Mcdonalds at the other side of East Coast Park (nearer to the Seafood restaurants), but no drive through :(


Beer to end the night!
Desserts for the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment