VIVIENNEELUV



Food | Lifestyle | Travel | Me | Everything Boring

Friday, January 6, 2012

Hair Appointment - Step In Hair Studio (DO NOT STEP IN PLEASE)

9TH DECEMBER 2011 FRIDAY
(scheduled post) 
Lunch & Hair Appointment with Xiaohannie @ Central's Pasta Waraku! The last time I had Pasta Waraku was when we were still a gang. 
Very filling lunch set!



We got Starbucks for ourselves for that predicted 4-hour hair appointment!
Reached the Hair Salon, took a 'before' picture before my VERY HORRIBLE 2 HOUR-OR LESS-REBONDING EXPERIENCE with this very attitude auntie (I forgotten to ask for her name).
The 'after' picture. You may think that this is not too bad, or not as horrible as I mentioned, but this hairstyle is totally not what I wanted.

She is that very attitude auntie whom I mentioned above. Firstly, after 10 seconds i am seated on the chair, she started her threatening. She asked if I want to add on a hair treatment as my hair was rebonded & dyed before. I rejected. Seriously, throughout my 10 years of rebonding experience, have I not understand that treatment is useless? Its almost like throwing money into the drain. Thats why after doing 2 treatments out of my 10 rebonding sessions, I totally see that my hair is no difference. Hair is still frizzy at some of the ends. 

So this auntie threatened that my hair will ''spoil'', she used the word ''spoil'' instead of ''frizzy'' or other nonsense. She threatened for 3 more times until she apply the rebonding cream. 

She asked if I want to cut my hair, I said yes and said ''i want to cut till here'' pointing to the centre of my boobs/nipple. Ok, maybe she couldn't spot my boobs because its way too small/flat but hello, she can just gauge, she cut the hair at my back and I can feel that its too short, although I can't see. But once she is cutting my sides, I looked at her and said ''its way too short'', then I pointed again to my desired length, she still can say ''no, its not short, its is ok, later after rebonded it will be long''. Ermm, she really think that I am a noob to rebonding, how long can my hair be ''pulled''/straightened when the difference is so huge?? I was already raging, I just want to get over it & leave this hair salon. I can only tell her, its too short, there is nothing I can dispute about because what is cut, is already cut. Now my hopes to style my hair for BFF's wedding is all dashed..... 

The final time she threatened me is before she started to apply the cream for rebonding, she said ''so you really do not wish to do the treatment? I am asking you one last time before i start to apply the cream, by then it is too late.'' I said ''I do not wish to do treatment'', then she said ''ok, if your hair spoil, please take note hor, we are not responsible for it, because you do not want to do treatment.''

So does it mean that if I do treatment, and my hair ''spoil'' , they can be held responsible? But I did not ask her, because I know & 100% understand my own hair. Even if I don't do the treatment, my hair won't be that bad, unless this auntie purposely burn my hair. 

After rebonding, I pointing to my desired length again, and she said ''so short'' (she mean she cut too short), she did mumbled a ''sorry'', then she said ''this length is nice'' etc etc. I told her I do not want to cut this kind of length because the ends will curl. She said it won't curl. She really think that I am a noob, please go out there and asked shoulder length hair will curl or not?

Then she asked if I want to trim my fringe, I said ''yes''. Then I was thinking, if pointing don't work, I should tell her verbally. So I told her ''trim a little, jus below my eyebrow''. And........
Just 3 snips and I heard her mumbled something and I opened my eyes........ My fringe on my right, is above my eye brow. Hhhheello auntie, how can I make you understand???????? She kept pulling my fringe down (as if it can help to make my hair grow now?), and she said ''actually this length is ok, I will cut slant for you, so that your face will look slimmer'' O.o
But I don't really see any slant at all too. I can only say this is my worse hair salon experience ever in my 27 years. 

And this is my fastest rebonding ever, but to me fast is ok, all I wanted to say is, the attitude of the staff.

Please do not STEP IN to this hair salon ever, until you wanted the results to be totally opposite of what you requested.

Step In Hair Studio
211 New Bridge Road 
#B1-16 Lucky Chinatown
Singapore 059432

Please see my actual hair length and the centre of my boobs.
Emo max....
Nonetheless, life still have to go on without my hair....
Polaroid with Xiaohannie!



Its back to the boy's place after that. Lao Ban Tau Huey!




2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks so much for your review of Step-In. Almost did rebonding there but thank goodness there are caring consumers like you who can warn us of manipulative businesses!

    Stay happy!

    -S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, I just realised that I have a comment here. Anyway, you are most welcome. I did googled for reviews on this hair salon but I can't find anything. Shortly after my post/experience there, Step-In went on Stomp. Another unhappy customer there.

      Delete